Tuesday, March 1, 2011

In Witch The Couch Sprouts Legs

Hello blog! I am pretty happy right now, not sure why but that doesn't matter haha! So today we got our couch some legs... 53 bucks later and they're standing about 4-6 inches higher and man are they easier to sit down and get up from! They are much more comfortable too. I'd have to say it almost gives the living room a better vibe, weird but true.
So pizza is for dinner. Freschetta pepperoni to be exact, in about 16 minutes :)
Right now I'm of course blogging, and watching Chris play COD black ops. Last time I tried to play that game, I epically failed, I guess I need more practice or its just not for me. I wish stupid PS3 would come out with a Kingdom Hearts game! I would play the crap out of it, those are my absolute favorite games of course only on PS2 which I don't play anymore because PS3 is just better. Plus I already beat the first two games on PS2 and I don't have the rest. I like Little Big Planet too, but Chris started playing and beating the levels with me so its just weird to play it alone and online gets boring because there isn't enough new levels that are interesting.
So ahh the baby shower is approaching quick! It seems like yesterday I was still collecting addresses and deciding when to actually have it. I was thinking of cakes and deciding what kind of cake to have at it, and I immediately thought of this one type of cake my cousin in law had for her birthday and I fell in love, but of course with the way life is no one knew what the kind of cake was called. So after a few hours of googleing and having no luck finding the name, I finally decided to call the City Market Bakery and just ask. So turns out its called a Tres Leches cake. Which of course being me I Google it for images and recipes... I found out that it is a Mexican style cake, which is weird, but true. It is an ordinary cake batter, however at the end they mix condensed milk, evaporated milk, and heavy cream together and pour it over the cooled baked cake and let it soak up the juices, then they use whipped cream "icing" to finish it off. One word, AHmazing, at least to me. I guess Tres Leches actually means "Three Milks, or Three Creams" I found that interesting. My friends, Kirsten and Shannon (her mother), live all the way in Durango, but guess what they're going to make it to the shower! I am thrilled! My old best friend Makaylah and her mother are also going to make it which is a surprise but I am very excited I haven't seen them in quite a while. I think the shower will turn out great, I hope.
This week is going to be kinda busy, which I'm not sure I think is a good or bad thing yet. Baby shower, then the next morning bright and early I get to take my GED tests, then Wednesday a doctors appointment to check on Ace, then the 11th we get to register at the hospital, I'm excited about everything! Just still nervous about taking those GED tests, I know I will pass just the part about it being a big test is the part that makes me nervous lol.
Woo pizza is done, and yes I know what you're thinking 16 minutes of blogging wow lol well that's me when I blog I usually talk about everything on my mind not usually just one subject. So watching Spongebob, eating pizza, and I think I am going to retire this blog I'll probably write tomorrow if not then TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment